NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any Govt. and Private medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
|NEET 2017 Application Form available||First week of December 2016|
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||Last week of December 2016|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (without late fee)||Second week of January 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (with late fee)||Last week of January 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||First week of February 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date||First week of April 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||First week of May 2017|
|Result Declared||First week of June 2017|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|
NEET Exam Pattern
The examination will be held on first week of May 2017. The exam pattern is given below:
- Courses: It is held for MBBS/BDS courses.
- Number of Questions: The question paper will contain total 180 multiple choice questions with single correct answer.
- Subjects: The paper will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- Language: The language of question paper will be both – English or Hindi.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The exam duration will of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as negative marking.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2017 Syllabus
- NEET syllabus will comprise of four subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- Questions will be asked from the above mentioned subjects.
- It will contain 11th & 12th board (CBSE & NCERT) academic syllabus.
- Some questions will be asked from the other boards syllabus.
Candidates should gather the complete information about the officially prescribed NEET syllabus 2017 before preparing the exam.
NEET Preparation Tips
NEET exam is very important for the medical aspirants, in order to score good rank in the examination. Candidates have to follow proper schedule and study plan, along with collecting best study material.
Candidates should prepare a good time-table for the exam preparations. Do not include long hours of study period in your time-table. Include little intervals between the study hours. Preparing as per the time-table will help you to cover all parts of the syllabus.
Good Study Materials
Students should prepare from the best study NEET books for the examination. Students should also include previous years question papers and sample paper in their study materials. Previous year question papers will help you to get familiar with the exam pattern, types of questions and questions weightage.
Works on Weaker Areas
Candidates have to focus on their weaker topics. Sometime it happens that students are very strong in one subject & weak in others. You have to work hard & try to solve the weaker topics with the help of your teacher, friends & parents. This will help in overcoming the fear of your weakness effectively.
Maintain your Health
While preparing for the exams, candidates should also take care of their health. With a better health you can concentrate better in your studies. Avoid junk and oily foods and take healthy diet plans. Do meditation and yoga exercises for better concentration.
Practice Online Mock Test
Students can practice for the test with the help of online mock test. Many educational websites give the facility of mock test. This mock test helps the students to crack the NEET exam. Mock Test is available for each & every subject includes each chapter & topics. It will improve your skills, knowledge, performance & you are able to know your timing too.