NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Age Limit:
Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
Important dates (Tentative)
|Commencement of applications||1st week of December 2016|
|Last date to submit applications (without late fee)||Last week of December 2016|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE||2nd week of January 2017|
|Last date to submit application form (without late fee)||Last week of January 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||1st week of February 2017|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April 2017|
|Examination date (NEET 2017)||1st week of May 2017|
|Results declaration||1st week of June 2017|
- The examination will be based on offline mode with duration of 3 hours.
- There will be total 180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available in English & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2017 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
Reservation of Seats
- OBC-Non creamy layer- 27%
- SC category- 15%
- ST category- 7.5%
- PH category- 3% (on horizontal basis)
After release of official notice, we will update NEET 2017 schedule on this page or more details you can access official website. Most probably application form will be available from December 2017.